number of IPs per interface

Fast Jack fastjack75 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 11:40:10 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm having a little trouble with the client-side of my polygraph
setup. So far I am only using one machine as a polygraph client. On
this machine I would like to have the robots send requests from as
many IPs as possible. But so far I have not been able to create more
than 73 additional IPs at eth0. If I'm not mistaken polygraph supports
at most 1000 IPs per machine so that is not the problem.
I have tried both run-time address creation and prenatal address
creation (ip addr add .....) but for some reason the interface does
not accept more than 73 IPs.
Is there some kind of parameter that sets the maximum number of IPs
per interface?
If not, what else might b the problem?

The machine is running Debian 4.0 with a 2.6.22.1 kernel.

Thanks in advance

Bjoern