Problems with address range while using more the 1 client

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Aug 27 21:42:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 17:24 +0000, Rafael Vieira wrote:

> I have the following testing topology:
>
> Workload: Polymix 4
>
> 2 Clients -> 1 Server
>
> I connect the first client, it gives me a network range as virtual
> addresses. When I run the second client, it gives me just the same
> network range.
> Is it normal? Shouldn't it give to the second client a different
> network range?

PolyMix robots should use different addresses.

Are you using the same workload file on all drone hosts? You should.
Does your workload set the right host (primary) addresses for the two
client and one server hosts?

If these hints do not help, please post your workload and verbose
console log (you should always do that when asking test configuration or
interpretation questions).

Thank you,

Alex.