Problems with address range while using more the 1 client

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Aug 28 13:46:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 13:26 +0000, Rafael Vieira wrote:
> > Are you using the same workload file on all drone hosts? You should.
> Yes, I am
>
> > Does your workload set the right host (primary) addresses for the
> two client and one server hosts?
> Yes, it does.

> > If these hints do not help, please post your workload and verbose
> > console log (you should always do that when asking test
> configuration or interpretation questions).
>
> Attached are my workload, my server_side logs and my client_side logs.

You forgot to attach the console log of the second client so my response
cannot be precise. However, please note that

- your workload contains three client hosts (.45, .46, and .47)
- according to your email, you are using two client hosts
- your peak request rate for the Bench is only enough for one host
  (each PolyMix-4 client host does up to 500/sec by default)

All of the above have to be in-sync for the PolyMix-4 math to work. You
can customize the workload to use many other combinations, but PolyMix
guts and addressing schemes require that the three items above match.

Polygraph did try to warn you about the discrepancy, but the generic
warning is not very clear:

> 000.01| fyi: the number of virtual agent addresses (76) is not divisible by the number of real host addresess (3); will not attempt to create agent addresses

A correct PolyMix setup will not have that warning.

HTH,

Alex.