AW: AW: polygraph-client tries to connect to server with odd IP address

Dmitry Kurochkin dmitry.kurochkin at measurement-factory.com
Tue Dec 6 17:56:51 UTC 2011

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 09:02:38 +0100, "Hohl, Gerrit" <g.hohl at aurenz.de> wrote:
> Good morning Dmitry,
>
> here is the current test case I'm using. With these values it works perfectly.
> But if change the peak_req_rate to 25000/sec, the polygraph-server will start 567 servers while the polygraph-client starts 250 robots, expecting 1126 servers.
> I guess it is not valid to have a bigger peak_req_rate than the
> max_host_load.

It is valid.  There may be multiple hosts in the test.

> But instead of using a false number of servers (shouldn't it be the
> same for client as well as for the server?) maybe it should quit by
> showing an error that the parameters are not valid?

These are valid parameters.  The problem is that the system does not
have all the needed aliases, rerun polygraph-aka(1) tool with the new
address space values.

Please see my answer in another thread for details [1].

Regards,
  Dmitry

[1] http://www.web-polygraph.org/pipermail/users/2011-December/000148.html