AW: Problems using robots with authentication

Dmitry Kurochkin dmitry.kurochkin at measurement-factory.com
Thu Dec 15 20:11:47 UTC 2011

Hi Gerrit.

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 17:36:34 +0100, "Hohl, Gerrit" <g.hohl at aurenz.de> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I read the article "Prerequisites" in the documentation:
> http://www.web-polygraph.org/docs/reference/models/ssl.html#Sect:2
>
> Polygraph SSL support is based on the OpenSSL library. A recent version of the library is required to compile Polygraph. We have tested with OpenSSL versions 0.9.6g and 0.9.7b. The presence of OpenSSL is determined at ./configure time. Please check that ./configure actually found SSL library and headers if you install Polygraph and want SSL support:

>     checking for CRYPTO_lock in -lcrypto... yes
>     checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... yes
>     checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
>     checking for openssl/err.h... yes
>     checking for openssl/rand.h... yes
>
> Eh, I don't get these lines when I call the script. I assume that the script was modified, but the documentation not.

The exact messages may have change, but they are still there:

  $ ./configure | grep -i ssl
  checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... yes
  checking openssl/ssl.h usability... yes
  checking openssl/ssl.h presence... yes
  checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
  checking openssl/err.h usability... yes
  checking openssl/err.h presence... yes
  checking for openssl/err.h... yes
  checking openssl/rand.h usability... yes
  checking openssl/rand.h presence... yes
  checking for openssl/rand.h... yes

Assertion at NtlmAuth.cc:798 means that you built without OpenSSL
support.  You should install it and rebuild.  On Debian-based systems
you should install libssl-dev package.

The assertion is always a bug.  Web Polygraph should print a proper
error here.  There is an open bug #878881 [1] for this issue.

> One remark: I only want NTLM authentication and not HTTPS benchmarking.

NTLM needs some crypto functions (MD5, at least).  That is why OpenSSL
is needed for it.

Regards,
  Dmitry

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/polygraph/+bug/878881