make error while installing on Solaris 10

Dmitry Kurochkin dmitry.kurochkin at measurement-factory.com
Wed Jun 8 16:29:55 UTC 2011

Hi Jawahar.

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 12:03:55 -0400, "Jawahar Balakrishnan (JB)" <jbalakri at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried version 4.3.2 and 4.0.11 but i get the same error when i
> execute make. Any ideas/thoughts will be appreciated.

The errors are in code related to IPv6 network aliases creation.
Unfortunately, there is no portable API for this stuff and there is no
Solaris support in Polygraph (our primary platforms are Linux and
FreeBSD).  As a quick hack, you may try commenting out the following
define in src/xstd/InetIfReq.h:

  // Assume we are on Linux if here
  #define HAVE_TYPE_LINUX_IN6_IFREQ 1

This hack should work for you as long as you do not use IPv6 aliases.
Hopefully, the rest of the code would build fine.

I opened bug #794650 [1] on Launchpad to track Solaris build issues.

Regards,
  Dmitry

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/polygraph/+bug/794650