Problems using robots with authentication

Fábio César Miranda de Araújo ufa at ig.com.br
Thu Oct 20 13:37:46 UTC 2011

Hello :)

I am trying to do some testing with our new McAfee proxy, using
polygraph, but we are failing to do it with proxy authentication.

Client ends with this message:
HTTP/1.1 407 authenticationrequired
Proxy-Connection: Close
Proxy-Authenticate: NTLM
Proxy-Authenticate: Basic realm="McAfee Web Gateway"

NtlmAuth.cc:798: assertion failed: 'false'
Aborted

it seems to me that the client receive the 407 message, but something
goes wrong and the program exits.

Here follows the robot configuration:

Robot R = {
    credentials = [ "myusername:mypassword" ];
    kind = "R101";
    interests = [ "public": 50% ];
    pop_model = { pop_distr = popUnif(); };
    recurrence = 55% / SimpleContent.cachable; // adjusted to get 55% DHR

    req_rate = 1/sec;

    origins = S.addresses;      // where the origin servers are
      addresses = ['172.17.205.177']; // use clone operator
};

Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you

ufa