plotter error

Dmitry Kurochkin dmitry.kurochkin at measurement-factory.com
Thu Sep 29 18:03:28 UTC 2011

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 13:41:40 -0400, Sarah Milani <sarah.milani at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dmitry
>  Thanks for your answer! the report was generated, however the figures are
> not loaded....:
>
> *"**Figure 'Document hit ratio trace' not available: something went wrong
> while generating the graph"*
>
> In the console that i ran the command, i get this errors messages:
>

> *set term png small
>          ^
> "/tmp/polyrep/squid/figures/object.rep.load.trace.scope=sides=client__phases=dfl
> t.gp", line 1: unknown or ambiguous terminal type; type just 'set terminal'
> for                   a list
>
> error: cannot plot
> /tmp/polyrep/squid/figures/object.rep.load.trace.scope=sides=
> client__phases=dflt.gp; consult error messages above, if any
> plot file was:
> set term png small
> set output
> '/tmp/polyrep/squid/figures/object.rep.load.trace.scope=sides=client_
> _phases=dflt.png'
> *
> Is necessary set something in gnuplot? =/

I guess the gnuplot is built without PNG support.  Here is what I get on
my system:

  gnuplot> set term png small
  Terminal type set to 'png'
  Options are 'nocrop small size 640,480 '
  gnuplot> set term qwe small
                    ^
           unknown or ambiguous terminal type; type just 'set terminal' for a list

Consider using gnuplot package that comes with your system.  It should
have PNG support.  Otherwise you need to rebuild gnuplot with PNG
support enabled.

Regards,
  Dmitry