Digest authentication support?

Dmitry Kurochkin dmitry.kurochkin at measurement-factory.com
Thu Sep 29 21:46:38 UTC 2011

Hi David.

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 13:51:09 -0700, "David Parks" <davidparks21 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm a new user and I'd like to test a squid-proxy which uses digest
> authentication.

Welcome!

> I didn't see it in the documentation or any google searches, I wonder if
> digest auth is supported in polygraph?

Unfortunately, Polygraph supports only Basic, NTLM and Negotiate HTTP
authentication schemes.

Support for Digest authentication scheme would be a nice feature for Web
Polygraph.  But so far nobody had much interest in it.

For what it's worth, Squid does support Basic and NTLM schemes.  So you
may try testing with them instead of Digest.

Regards,
  Dmitry