Issue with high request rate tests

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Feb 4 13:54:19 UTC 2020

On 2/3/20 11:23 PM, Michael Hendrie wrote:

> I have web-polygraph 4.12.0 installed and running well but have just increased capacity of the test set and now receive an error "integer overflow as a result of `int' (|2.23949e+09| > 2147483647)" when I try to run tests above 23000 req/sec.
>
> I have attached a config file for reference.

AFAICT, initialization of the "wsc" PGL variable on line 142 overflows
with your workload parameters. You can work around that specific problem
by converting to integer _after_ the division, when calling the
working_set_cap() function:

  float wsc = peak_fill_rate * platDur; // number of objects in the WS
  working_set_cap(int(wsc / clientHostCount));

Long-term, we should switch PGL to 64-bit integers, of course. Most of
the runtime Polygraph code uses them as needed already.

HTH,

Alex.