Problems with "period of innactivity" on server

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Aug 27 21:52:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 19:25 +0000, Rafael Vieira wrote:

> I have a server in a network, and a client (in another network), after
> running workload polymix 4, they seem to be communicating without any
> problem (nothing is been blocked in my firewall).
>
> After some time (about 15 minutes) the server stops for 'period of
> innactivity'. Why would it say 'innactivity' if the client is started
> and sending packets to server?

Bugs notwithstanding, Polygraph server reports inactivity timeout when
it does not receive any requests and cannot send any responses. You can
control the timeout duration using the --idle_tout command line option.
The default is 5 minutes.

It is possible that the server was receiving requests but then stopped
because the network, the device under test, or the drones are
overloaded. It is also possible that the client is misconfigured to send
too few requests after the test starts.

Please post your workload and verbose console logs if you still need
help with this.

Thank you,

Alex.