AW: AW: polygraph-pgl2acl doesn't recognize credentials

Hohl, Gerrit g.hohl at aurenz.de
Fri Dec 2 08:08:29 UTC 2011

Hello Alex,

> Sorry, some Polygraph features are not yet fully documented. Feel free
> to file a bug report for the ones you noticed -- it will help developers
> to keep track of what they need to fix:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/polygraph

okay, I will do that. :-)
Also I'm not sure in all cases if it is a problem of the documentation or if it depends on other things (e.g. in the Ubuntu polygraph package the names of the executables are different and polypxy doesn't exist).

> Sure, that approach should work. Please also consider adding a DES(?)
> wrapping function to the pgl2ldif program instead. It would be a
> generally useful addition that allows anybody to easily produce
> htpasswd-style files from PGL workloads.

I have to admit that I wrote a small Java program to solve that problem instead of modifying the C code of web polygraph. It uses the htpasswd executable (from the apache-util package) for creating the apache-style password files.

Regards,
Gerrit