DNS Config Tool with Mulitple Address Maps

Michael Hendrie pmix at hendrie.id.au
Tue Mar 15 06:10:32 UTC 2011

Hello List,

I am attempting to use a single configuration file to run a Polygraph workload that contains both normal HTTP and SSL robots/servers.  This appears to be working well, when I start the server process I see it creates the HTTP Server agents listening on port 80 and the SSL server agents listening on port 443.  I have started the client process and this loads the configuration file without complaining about errors.

The issue is generating the DNS configuration file for BIND.  When I run the polygraph-dns-cfg tool it errors out complaining about multiple address maps being used.  My understanding from http://www.web-polygraph.org/docs/reference/pgl/types.html#type:docs/reference/pgl/types/AddrMap is that multiple address maps should be able to be used.

The errors is:

bash-3.2# /usr/local/bin/polygraph-dns-cfg --config ../mymixed.pg
../mymixed.pg: must use() exactly one address map, but 2 maps were used

I have tested with both web-polygraph 4.0.10 and 4.3.1 but both produce the same error.

The relevant part of the workload file is:

AddrMap SslMap = {
	zone = "sslbench.tst";
	addresses = srvSsl.addresses;
	names = ipsToNames(addresses, zone);
};

AddrMap HttpMap = {
        zone = "httpbench.tst";
        addresses = srvHttp.addresses;
        names = ipsToNames(addresses, zone);
};

...<config removed>
use(SslMap, HttpMap);

Does anyone know how to overcome this issue and generate a useful bind file with the tool when multiple address maps are used.

Thanks

Mick