Polygraph-reporter generation

Dmitry Kurochkin dmitry.kurochkin at measurement-factory.com
Thu Nov 3 23:33:44 UTC 2011

Hello.

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 16:57:58 -0600, Chengyu Fan <chengy.fan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi~
> I am a new guy to use web-polygraph.
> I have a question about report generation.
> It seems that when I do report generation, I have to put client's log file
> and server's log file together.
> But in my scenario, there are lots of clients connect to different
> servers simultaneously. What I want to do is generating the report  for
> each server. Can I do that and how to do it?

You can run polygraph-reporter over the logs which you want.  It may be
multiple logs or a single log.  The reporter does not care.

But usually you want to generate a report that includes stats from all
your clients and servers.  Many tests include multiple Polygraph client
and server processes, reporter can generate a single report for all of
them.

Also, in most cases a single polygraph-server (polygraph-client) process
simulates multiple Server (Robot) agents.  And binary logs from each
process contain stats for all agents simulated by this process.  You can
not extract stats for a single simulated agent from it.

Regards,
  Dmitry