Scaling the number of users instead of the hit rate

Hohl, Gerrit g.hohl at aurenz.de
Mon Feb 13 12:24:34 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

after a longer pause I'm now at our stress testing again. One thing is
that I have to include NTLM authentification. Dimtry already wrote a
message her and will try it now.

But my problem now is that I should be able to scale the number of users
(robots) instead of the hit rate. Our product is more sensitive to this
than the hit rate as our focus is on authentification. We don't do any
caching or things like that. So is there a possibility to scale users?
Or maybe I should ask the question in a different way: Is there a way I
can calculate the number of expected robots from other values like
Bench.client_side.peak_req_rate, Bench.client_side.max_host_load or
Bench.client_side.max_agent_load?

Regards
Gerrit