Separated stats for http and https traffic

Dmitry Kurochkin dmitry.kurochkin at measurement-factory.com
Fri Nov 30 07:23:28 UTC 2012

Hi Jacky.

unjc email <unjc.email at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> Is there any way to show individual statistics for http and https
> traffic in console log?

No.  Console output is not configurable.

>   The default log show https (ssl) stats and
> combined stats only.  I need to capture stats of regular HTTP traffic
> for performance comparison as well.  Please help.

You should use binary logs for that.  We record plain HTTP stats.  But
you can calculate it from other stats.  Keep in mind that CONNECT
requests contribute to SSL stats.  So formula for plain HTTP stats in
polygraph-lx output would be something like (basic - (ssl.rep -
connect)).  It may be more complex depending on you workload.

Regards,
  Dmitry