Questions regarding charts

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Aug 4 21:32:41 UTC 2017

On 08/04/2017 12:57 PM, Nagaraja Gundurao wrote:

> We are running traffic against a web proxy and the proxy is
> configured to not *cache* anything.  However, after the test run,
> when we look at this chart that is attached to this email, we notice
> that there are two lines in the chart, one for misses and the other
> for all replies.  If the proxy is totally non caching then I am
> expecting there should be only one line with all *misses* right?.

The notions of "hit" and "miss" are only defined for "basic"
transactions. I suspect your test has a significant portion of
transactions which are not basic. For example, reloads, aborted
transactions, transactions with Range or If-Modified-Since headers,
various HTTP redirects, and CONNECT transactions are _not_ basic.

If you can post the entire generated report or just the corresponding
.lx file (output of polygraph-lx applied to the same set of binary
logs), then I may be able to explain what is going on in terms specific
to your test.

Thank you,

Alex.