SMP Workloads

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri May 19 16:47:29 UTC 2017

On 05/18/2017 09:07 PM, Michael Hendrie wrote:

> I have tried multiple different configuration but consistently see
> console output on the client reporting connection errors and when I
> check one of the server one of the worker processes will have silently
> terminated.

I recommend focusing on solving that silent termination problem. There
are two general reasons for silent deaths: Polygraph bugs and running
out of system resources. It is usually possible to figure out what
exactly is going on. Enable coredumps. Test that they work by sending a
running Polygraph server process SIGABRT. Check system logs. Etc.

Once that server death becomes less "silent", either report a Polygraph
bug (with that information at hand) or adjust system resources/workload.

Good luck,

Alex.