Odp: Re: how to compute measured bwidth

Piotr Kadziolka PKadziolka at acppharma.pl
Sun Sep 7 23:46:45 UTC 2008

Hi Alex,

I had deep look at binary log and I know why bwidth dropped. Near at the
end of fill phase I saw xact error and from that point to the end of test
I observed a lot lot errors. I count almost 70 percent contribution of
errors in totals transactions. It was one type of error: (c19) unsupported
HTTP status code.

766.81| Xaction.cc:74: error: 1/2 (c19) unsupported HTTP status code
1108188903.706303# obj:
http://w1033.h1130o1101s1010.bench.tst/w0baba0e0.3a2d01ab:00000430/t02/_00000513.html
flags: rpt,basic,GET, size: 0/-1 xact: 0baba0e0.3a2d01ab:0068626e
HTTP/1.1 502 Proxy Error ( W magazynie brak miejsca dla wykonania tego
polecenia.  There was no free space in the storage to execute that
command)
Via:1.1 SR-ISA
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache

One of two disk had crashed. That's all mystery.

Thanks for Your help Alex,
Peter

Alex Rousskov <rousskov at measurement-factory.com>
2008-09-07 23:45

Piotr Kadziolka <PKadziolka at acppharma.pl>
cc
users at web-polygraph.org
Subject

On Sun, 2008-09-07 at 14:52 +0200, Piotr Kadziolka wrote:

> I've obtained below results from report generator. I attached load
> trace also. My question is how to compute measured bandwidth because
> when I plot rep.rate multiplied by rep.size.mean I can't obtain trace
> similar to this at pict.
>
> According to results offered load in volume is higher than measured
> but when I plot req.rate multiplied by rep.size.mean (which
> theoretically shuld be offered load) together with measured load
> (rep.rate x rep.size.mean) I got the same trace. Please, tell me how
> to compute measured load in volume context.
>
> Load                Count                Volume
>                 (xact/sec)        (Mbits/sec)
> offered         150.34                10.53
> measured        150.33                3.35

Interesting. Can you send me (off-list) the binary logs from this test?
I will investigate why the bandwidth dropped while request rate remained
the same.

Thank you,

Alex.