Realistic content simulation

Dmitry Kurochkin dmitry.kurochkin at measurement-factory.com
Thu Apr 12 18:08:45 UTC 2012

Hi Jacky.

unjc email <unjc.email at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I have followed the Realistic content simulation manual to try to
> create realistic image contents.  Here are what I have done:
>
> 1.  Created cdb file
> I have created cdb file that contains jpg image files only.
>> polygraph-4.3.1/src/csm/cdb --add wp.cdb media/*.jpg
>
> Question: Can I add different file types (.jpg, .gif, .png) and kinds
> (.flv, .html, .swf) into the cdb file?

PGL ContentType uses all objects in the given cdb database.  You can add
any files to a single cdb database but PGL ContentType would not
distinguish between them which is probably not what you want.

> 2.  add a PGL ContentType for images from that database
>
> Content ImageContent = {
>     kind = "image";
>     mime = { type = "image/jpeg"; extensions = [ ".jpg" ]; };
>     //obj_life_cycle = olcImage;
>     //size = const(13KB);
>     cachable = 0%;
>     checksum = 1%;
>     content_db  = "workloads/wp.cdb"; // import content templateS
> };
>
> Server S = {
>     kind = "S101";
>     contents = [ ImageContent ];
>     direct_access = contents;
>

> I download an image from one of the URLs and try to view it on a
> browser; but the image is shown broken.
> http://hostname:9090/w1925a4f2.210b3b17:00000008/t03/_00000003.jpg

You should use "--format verbatim" option when adding images to cdb
database.  This would

Regards,
  Dmitry