RPTM object types

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Oct 13 23:51:25 UTC 2016

On 10/13/2016 03:41 PM, Charlie Younghusband wrote:

> I was interested in doing a test which focused on the response time per
> object.

By "per object", you mean "per content type", right? Response times for
content types should be available since v4.5.0. I assume you are using
something newer.

> Following a test, I run the reporter tool but on the rptm.html
> page, it doesn't report the min/mean/max response time (msec) per
> object.  It just says 'n/a' with a footnote, and the footnote page just
> states that no measurement was collected or stored at run-time.  The
> sizes part is reported.  Does anyone know what I need to do in order to
> have this information collected and reported?

Perhaps Polygraph was not able to determine the content type of the
response or could not match the content type back to PGL? Are you
filtering any HTTP response headers out?

> I'm hoping
> that the answer is that polygraph is just not capable of storing the
> metadata associated with this.

I just checked a random v4.9.0 report, and I do see min/mean/max
response time measurements in the Reply object table (the first table on
the rptm.html (response times) page.

If nobody has a better idea, I may have to ask you for console and
binary logs to investigate.

Alex.